Sunday 5 October 2014

School Holidays

First week of School holidays and I haven't seen a grand child BUT am going to make up for it this week.  I usually take the older three to the pictures or similar once during the holidays but didn't feel up to it this time so their Dad is going to take them on Tuesday and I get to have the youngest member of their family for a few hours. It is the first time I will have had her for 2 - 3 hours on her own and both my Mum and I are really looking forward to it.  Normally when here she potters around behind you participating in whatever you are doing.

Then the next day they are all coming up for a Sausage sizzle and will be joined by my great niece who has a great friendship with my eldest grand daughter.  My nephews will be back Thursday BUT they are of assistance and when I get home from shopping on Thursday the eldest of the two will assist me with bringing in the bags and anything else I may need whilst the youngest will be out working in the garden with his grandmother.  We love our time with these two young males.

We have just recently had a breakdown of kitchen appliances which has been most annoying.  However, do they ALL break down at the same time form a reason? Firstly the blender died, it was quite new and the company had a replacement warranty, so I then added more money and came home with a more powerful blender, heavier, larger and in chrome, black and glass.  Not matching anything else I wasn't popular with my Mum. In the meantime the kitchen exhaust fan / light/ range hood died and needed replacing - the only one Mum could obtain from the local electrical store that would fit the area was - CHROME!  A few days later the water kettle died - you guessed it - Mum went to the local hardware store and they only had one model - black and chrome.  Now everyone is happy as we have a smart  kitchen with all appliances on the bench in chrome and black.

This week I have a mixture of crafts for everyone as I am starting preparation for Christmas.  Have made many more Christmas cards plus many for other occasions. Everywhere I go now decorations and craft ideas are on show for Christmas and we are still 3 months away!
The food for this week is a family favourite for most people.  It is a pasta sauce that you can use immediately or bottle/can and preserve for a later use.  (Freezing comes in well too!)

Below is a selection of cards I have made this week. 


Enjoy the last week of the school holidays and I will chat again next week

Recipe of the Week:

Homemade Prego Spaghetti Sauce:  Excellent result with this recipe and it tastes just like my favorite Prego!


60 Minute Mary Jane Slippers(No Picture I'm afraid)

60 Minute Mary Jane Slippers  -  


I love these little shoes for very tiny little Feet.




This craft is probably for the older child / teenager this week BUT it is about time I had a craft for this group.

It is: Sweet Button Monogram


Itty Bitty Angel

Itty Bitty Angel     By: Benetta Strydom for FaveCrafts.com

 
 Keep fit and smiling, bake a pie or meal for someone, or go on a lovely long walk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment