Monday 18 November 2013

5 weeks and STILL counting.


We are well and truly gathering momentum now with only 5 weeks to go.  However, when I passed a big shopping centre on Saturday mid afternoon all was relatively quiet.  Is it that we are more organised or Christmas Club money hasn't arrived yet or maybe more are shopping on-line.  As many of you are aware by now I do the majority of my shopping on-line as I have a mobility problem and this is easier for me. On Thursday when the Australia Post delivery lady delivered yet another parcel to me for Christmas told me that she does nearly all her shopping on-line.  She works 6 days a week and does not have the time to visit stores nor does she like the crowds.  (Plus, she requires deliveries for her income!)

I am well on the way now, after assessing my situation this week I became aware of how much I have achieved and am really quite pleased with the situation.  While my grandchildren are nearly complete and the small gifts for others are covered the area where I am having most difficulty are my son & daughter and their partners.  I have ideas, but still not decided.

Great news this week, my beautiful daughter gave me a picture of her 12 week ultrasound.  I had no idea she was pregnant and am absolutely thrilled.  This will her be her second child, a little playmate for Grand-daughter No 2.

Yesterday Grandson No 2 had his 5th birthday party at McDonald's.  This was his  first party ever and his little face was so excited all afternoon.  He greeted his guests beautifully and behaved very well, as did ALL the children.  It was the best behaved party I have every seen for that age group.  His little sister was ill so she and her mother were not there, but otherwise my other grandchildren were all present.  It was a privilege to watch the awe on Grand-son No. 2's face.  There are some pictures for you.  (A proud Grandma, who wants to show off occasionally.)  Sorry about some of the quality.  Believe it or not the better quality pictures some from my mobile phone.

A darling, gentle little boy.

Grand- daughter  No 1.
Blowing out candles

   
            Grand-daughter No 2 comes down the slide with great laughter.

  
 
 My eldest grandson had been to a sleep-over and was very very tired.

Waiting whilst every-one signs before blowing out his candles.

Now onto this week: I have some great crafts for all ages and two wonderful recipes using chicken.
Recipe(s) of the Week (Please use this link to reach recipes or the link under pages)

1. Cheat’s Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff

2. Chicken Escalopes with Parmesan Coating
Next, Craft of the week  (Please use this link to reach recipes or the link under pages) 

This week Woman-of-the-World Bead and Wire Earrings

Woman-of-the-World Bead and Wire Earrings

Bead Type: Glass, Gemstone, Miscellaneous
Time to complete: In an evening
Bead Technique Used: Chainmail/Wirework
Bead Project Type: Earrings
Difficulty Level: Intermediate

Children's Activity: (Please use this link to reach recipes or the link under pages)

http://mymerrymessylife.com/2012/12/christmas-craft-with-kids-felt-star-tree-topper.html


Kids Felt Christmas Tree Star Topper
A quick and easy tree topper your child can make for their own Christmas tree using felt, pom-poms and puffy paint!


 Christmas Planning:(Please use this link to reach recipes or the link under pages)  This week I have included a couple of easy little titbits for Christmas. One is an angel decoration made out of a paper-clip, another us making a decorative bag for wrapping gifts and the other is a use for old Christmas cards.
paperclip-angel-ornament16ww-red-270x336      

Weekly Quote:
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe
There are so many quotes from this lady, that I decided to make a small feature of her because not much credence has been given to her intelligence.
There are many links below to the different areas mentioned.



  • Marilyn Monroe
    Actress



  • Marilyn Monroe was an American actress, model, and singer, who became a major sex symbol, starring in a number of commercially successful motion pictures during the 1950s and early 1960s. Wikipedia



  • Height5' 5" (1.66 m)
    Full nameNorma Jeane Mortenson
    SpouseArthur Miller (m. 1956–1961)Joe DiMaggio (m. 1954–1954),James Dougherty (m. 1942–1946)
  •            

    No comments:

    Post a Comment