Sunday 2 November 2014

Apologies for producing NOTHING last week, although most of this was written at that time, I was having trouble finding the websites to confirm the crafts I had chosen. the computer was playing  up, we are having difficulties with the NBN and I wasn't feeling well at all, so I threw in the towel and decided to take it up again this week with FRESH eyes.

Each week when I have written and uploaded all the different bit and pieces of this page and the subsequent special areas pages I give a big sigh of relief as I have finished for another week.  Even though I still seem to have nobody reading them at the moment.  Then, occasionally during the week I will save different ideas to a page where I store bits and pieces, & then again something interesting will happen and I think 'I should start my cover page now and jot down these happenings. (Doesn't happen.)  Come Sunday morning I start to PANIC as I wonder of what to write about this week, and I am a BLANK!  

I know I want to include Christmas ideas and recipes, but we still have TWO months to go and you still need to survive many other bits and pieces until Christmas, so I need a mixture of both.  By now I have forgotten what I was thinking about during the week, and many of the  bits and pieces I have saved I now don't want to really use.  Also, each family including mine have daily life and family problems that you can't write about here without leaving yourself or others open for more embarrassment or maybe even hurt.

I really enjoy my Facebook page of Craft Made Easy as nearly every day I place an item on there from these pages and this is where I get a response from readers, saying IF they like what it is, however, no-one ever comments and so feedback is minimal (at least it is positive+++)  I now have 258 LIKES on Craft Made Easy so I am quite pleased with this.  This week I have commenced writing a note of thanks and explaining a little about my page etc. to the new 'Likers'. I thought putting a face to the site might add to the interest. (One can only hope!)

Every second Saturday my son brings his gorgeous children to lunch and it is always a joy for both my mother and me.  I love to see both my children and their beautiful off spring and I always try to prepare different little goodies for little mouths. This week we had Tacos, (so many leftovers, that my Mother and I had to have Tacos for dinner too)  Dessert was a sticky (not meant to be) Hedgehog slice and a large plate of fruit. 

With Dad on swings

Improved Bubble Blowing
I had stocked up on more bubble solution so they were all trying to blow the largest bubble. and playing on the swings, with Dad & occasionally Grandma supervising.  It was such a wonderful day with the weather here in Adelaide that we all. including my mother sat under a large tree watching the children play and chatting.  These are opportunities you never get back with children or I suppose each other.  A lovely day! 


My eldest grand daughter was quizzing me about the next school holidays and wondering if she could come and stay for a night or so as we will then have time to cook and craft together.  I have all but promised she can stay at some stage in the Christmas break. Seven (7) year olds are growing up so quickly these day that you don't dare miss any opportunity.  Although I feel this applies to every age group including my 32 year old son and his 30 year old sister.

On to more interesting topics, the topics I have found for you this week!

Recipe of the Week:




Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Marsala

                                        by Frugal Foodie Mama

I love slow cooker meals when busy, put them on, forget about them and dinner is ready.



Craft of the Week:

Easy DIY Necklace    by Margot













This is a very pretty necklace and the designer used Beadalon beads which are readily available.  However, these pattern are only meant as a guide.  You can use your own imagination and create as you see fit.  Please post your designs and ideas here  in comments section or on Facebook when you finish.


Children's Activity of the Week:

Spiders Made from Mini Pumpkins

I don't agree with Halloween, but I loved this craft, so use it any way  you wish.  Great for little fingers.  Instead of using mini pumpkins you could use imagination and use balls or whatever you have available.

 



 


 
 
 
This one will be great for the little ones, but maybe closer to Christmas as little fingers will slowly pick their way though the tree.






Rustic Paper and Pipe Cleaner Hanging
This is a lovely decoration or gift to make.
 

 We are a few weeks away from the many Christmas Pageants that are held to herald the festive season in each area, starting with the Adelaide Christmas Pageant which is massive.  Then the suburbs and country towns have theirs.  Also, November is a big month for many other subjects too. The main Two November is important for are Lung  Awareness  and Asbestos Awareness Months.  Please do what you can to support these two important subjects. Also, the many other important dates for this month are listed below.
Please email me your community dates and I will include and promote them for you.
Christmas events in the community

Each year we compile a list of community events and pageants that bring people together for Christmas celebrations. Please let us know of other events that we can add.

·         Saturday 8 November, 9.30am - Credit Union Christmas Pageant

·         Saturday 15 November, 11.30am - Mount Gambier Christmas Parade

·         Saturday 15 November, 6pm - Port Adelaide Enfield Twilight Christmas Parade

·         Sunday 16 November, 9.30am - Glenelg Christmas Pageant

·         Sunday 16 November, 11.30am Stirling Christmas Pageant

·         Saturday 22 November, 10am - Norwood Christmas Pageant

·         Saturday 22 November, 5.30pm - Murray Bridge Christmas Pageant and Fireworks

·         Sunday 23 November, 10am - Onkaparinga Christmas Pageant

·         Saturday 29 November - One Steel Whyalla Christmas Pageant

·         Friday 5 December - Rotary Port Augusta Christmas Pageant

·         Friday 5 December - Mannum Christmas Pageant

·         Friday 5 December - Naracoorte Christmas Pageant & Street Party

·         Saturday 6 December - Mount Barker Christmas Pageant

·         Friday 12 December, 4.30pm - Barmera Christmas Pageant

·         Saturday 13 December - Victor Harbor Christmas Pageant

·         Sunday 14 December, 5.30pm - Moonta Pageant and Carols

·         Friday 19 December - Cleve Christmas Pageant

·         Monday 22 December, 5.30pm - Kadina Pageant and Carols
 
Courtesy of:  http://sacommunity.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=8ff14cd76156632d480c6d631&id=84dd1b700d&e=4dc4257a5d

Asbestos
Other important November dates (besides pageants):

·         1-30 November 2014 Asbestos Awareness Week                                        

·         1-30 November 2014 Lung Health Awareness Month

·         2-8 November 2014
National Others Week

·         7 November 2014
Walk to Work Day

Lungs affected by Asbestos
·         9-15 November 2014
National Adoption Awareness Week

·         10-16 November 2014 National Recycling Week

·         11 November 2014 Remembrance Day

·         14 November 2014 World Diabetes Day

·         19 November 2014 World Toilet Day

·         19 November 2014 Go Home On Time Day

·         24-29 November 2014 Social Inclusion Week

·         30 November 2014 Buy Nothing Day    (This is one I like, I would like to be finished Christmas Shopping by then but I doubt is!)

Happy crafting this week and leave me feedback so I know how I am going.  You are the gauge to my success.  Enjoy!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment