Sunday 27 April 2014

Glad to say...I am back at work

It has been a hectic four weeks but I am very pleased to say that Mum is going so well and I am not required for assistance  anywhere near as much as I have been.  My next task is to let her gain her independence but not OVER DO it.  She tends to do too much if she feels well enough - however I am very proud of the effort she has made and her determination to help as much as she can.

My mobility has become a little more challenged since I have been looking after Mum and one of my legs has a small hole in it that we are trying to protect from infection.  They are extremely painful and with the arthritic knees I am supposed to be taking things a little easier.  So yesterday (Saturday) I thought instead of going over to see my son, daughter-in-law and their four little angels I would ask them to come for a take-a-way chicken and chips lunch - Grandmas treat!  I went to the shop earlier in the morning and bought goodies for dessert and thought I had done my bit - just hand some money over for my son to buy the food - No way!!!  13 year old grandson says 'can we have salad please Grandma?' Son agrees that salad would be great - so Off son goes to shop and Grandma starts looking in fridge for ingredients with Grandson No 1 right behind me.
I found some iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, capsicum, and then grandson saw the snow peas - please Grandma, then the baby spinach and the MUSHROOMS which I already knew he loved.  

I thought it was a great opportunity to teach Grandson No 1 how to make a salad seeing he was so interested in the ingredients -  I asked him to find the colander and rinse off salad items.  We then dried the ingredients and put it all together.  He and his father ate a huge amount and I then had to make extra for him to take home.  How great it is to see a young teenager wanting healthy food to eat.  Also, they (especially the boys) ate more fruit than cake.  

It was a lovely visit from all four grandchildren and their father, am sorry my daughter-in-law was feeling unwell and unfortunately my daughter and her little one had other plans.  My daughter has only a few (3 I think) weeks to go until her second child is born.  I am just starting cross stitching on a pink blanket for baby and yesterday found some pink plastic backed bibs which I will cross stitch ready for baby.  Although it is No 6 grandchild you still cannot help be just as excited and is it were No 1.

Although out of action I have been busy looking for material for the different pages of my BLOG so lets get started

Recipe of the Week
Ham and Cheese Mini Quiche (Adapted from Betty Crocker)
This is a great recip[e and uses a product called BISQUIK, I have searched this out and have the replacement equivalent ready for you (and me).

Rainbow Sorbet Shell Ribbed Tee
This very colourful  sweet girls shell ribbed tee is perfect for the upcoming winter and  spring weather. Perfect, worn over a tank or t-shirt or skivvy.  
You can even add extra shell rows on the arm to make it a long sleeve.



Post It Pin-wheels
These are fun and can be decorated in any way the children like.  The younger children will need a little help, but will  be pleased with the end result.




Actual meanings of various terms: TEAM WORK: Having somebody else you can blame it on. HARDWARE: The part of a computer you can kick when there are software problems. IMPATIENT: Somebody who is waiting in a hurry. INFLATION: Paying today's prices with last year's salary.   Anonymous  http://coolfunnyquotes.com 

Have a great week every one and I will try to have more for you all next week Enjoy each day as it comes.  It is always a day you will never get back.  God Bless,  Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment