Sunday 3 August 2014

August is here, Spring is next!

I can hardly believe that we are already in the last month of winter.  As many of you know, winter is my favourite time, followed by autumn and spring.  Here is South Australia and in much of Southern Australia the temperatures are very COLD at present.  We are even having very very LIGHT snow falls on Mt Lofty.  People were even camping out to see it! I am pleased they didn't freeze whilst they were waiting.

It has been a very busy week and I have achieved NOTHING where craft is concerned.  I have been diagnosed with my first attack of asthma (at age 59) and have had to use a nebulizer, preventative, antibiotics (4 courses) plus my usual washouts etc.  Consequently the last thing on my mind is Craft.  Good news though, tomorrow (Monday) I am going down to Goolwa for a 3 night sojourn and recuperate and have already packed the craft I am taking.  My daughter and her two little darling girls are coming down on the Tuesday again but other than that I will be wandering about, having my lunch out each day and relaxing.  It is never long enough but I will enjoy every minute. I am taking cutting for craft.  It is too much to take card making so as I will attend to all the cutting out for cards and using lots of plastic bags so when I get back I can construct.

I will also be keeping my computer up to date and will try some reading and crosswords for a more relaxing time.  Generally I have lunch out and just have a snack back at the motel room.  Just thinking of a big bowl of steaming soup from Hectors on the Wharf at Goolwa whilst watching the pelicans and the river relaxes me.  Another favourite spot is the Flying Fish Cafe at Pt Elliot.  I sit by a window or outside and watch the world pass by, often a whale or two, people walking on the beach.  Recuperating already.

I am not going to write daily this year as I did last year when I wad here in the lower Fleurieu, as you will all become too bored but I will save a few anecdotes for next week.

This week I have a selection again for you that I hope you will enjoy or/and find something useful to attempt.

Recipe of the Week

All Day German Pot Roast   By: 's Kitchen

All Day German Pot RoastI haven't made this but over 30 years ago I used to make sauerbraten 2 or 3 times a year.  I used to buy the spice mix from a continental deli and we loved this dish so much.  In recent years I have not found the spice mix nor a recipe until this one  today on the web site I use.  Will be trying this when I get back from holidays,    Awesome!  Lovely with the gravy thickened with pumpernickel crumbs.




8 Easy Crochet Patterns      By: 
I know I use many crochet patterns, but it is such a great craft to get into.  You can crochet clothing, decorations, doilies, household items, flowers and even jewellery.  Each week I tell myself 'No crochet' but each week there is something new to show you.  This weeks group has quite a selection for everyone to look at and try.  I hope you enjoy these patterns. 

1.  Cute Caterpillar Clothespin Ornaments By: 

When Grand-daughter No 1 was here for lunch yesterday she was telling me how she had two caterpillars in a small box at home and I remember as a child I used to do the same.  Also, we use to have them in a large glass container (usually an aquarium) at school and we would watch them go through their life cycle,  finishing as beautiful Monarch Butterflies,   So here is a great craft for little fingers. 

dreamcatchers | a 10 minute project by Crafting Connections
2.  Dreamy Lace Dream Catcher
Easy to make, attactive, will aid sleeping, 

Materials: Fabric Crafts, Beads & Jewelry, Mixed Media/MiscellaneousAge Group: Preschool & Kindergarten, Elementary School, Pre-Teens





3.  No-Sew Felt Bow    By: 
The No-Sew Felt Bow is so easy to make that you'll want to make one in every colour.  These fun hair adornments feminize any outfit, and they work for any age from toddler to teen. Bring out your inner girly - girl and twirl with a bow in your hair.











 

SALA – David Dridan’s ‘Fleurieu & Beyond’ Exhibition

August 1 @ 10:00 am - August 31 @ 5:00 pm
Fleurieu Vineyard
Hugo Wines are thrilled to announce that David Dridan OAM is the exhibiting artist for our participation in SALA 2014....

Swan Song by Liz French

August 1 - September 30
Cloud Lifting by Liz French
In celebration of South Australian Living Artists Festival and Shimmer Photography Festival 2014, Fox Creek presents the work of local artist,...

Decant @ the McLaren Vale Visitor Centre

August 25 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
DECANT-flyer
Open up and take a breath as we introduce DECANT – the new monthly social event of the south –...

Wood Oven Pizza Night

August 29 @ 6:30 am - 10:30 pm
pizza nights1
Every Friday after 6:30pm, join us at Woodstock Wine Estate for a little starter, lots of pizzas and something sweet...

LAZY BALLERINA – 10th ANNIVERSARY PARTY

August 31 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
image(178)
Join the Hook family to celebrate ten vintages of Lazy Ballerina. Sunday August the 31st.
(May I add, this is a lovely winery in a beautiful setting.  Well worth a visit. - Jill)
Have a great week everyone and think of me on a break by the beautiful Murray River and the wonderful Southern Ocean.  

No comments:

Post a Comment