Sunday 17 August 2014

Winter Bugs

It is that time of year when the weather is cold but a few days of warmth thrown in and people coming down with all the winter bugs. You think you have survived as it nears its end where in fact you are at your most vulnerable. This is what happened  to me.  Asthma for the first time in my life and quite severely and then pneumonia on top of it explains why I was missing last week.  BUT, I am back (still not very well) but at least I feel like sitting at the computer.
While I was away for my few days I had a wonderful time (although quite unwell).  The weather was pleasant, I bought little bits of craft materials at my favourite store in Pt Elliot and my beautiful daughter and her two gorgeous little girls came down for a day.
Not a great picture, with baby screaming, but it is
a picture of my 6 grandchildrem.
Since I have been back nothing much has occurred because I have been mostly on bed rest and nebulisers. However, yesterday my son and his four little loves came down for lunch and cuddles. We needed to give them something easy for lunch and we did, not altogether healthy I'm afraid but We had frozen pies and chips in the freezer and decided to use these, they loved them and all ate well.  Then we had icecream, chocolate flavouring and sprinkles. Another winner!  While having lunch I asked them what types of food would they like for lunch when they come - WRONG QUESTION - All I got was pancakes, I was suggesting meatballs and pasta, tuna mornay etc. and I did get positive responses but they kept coming back to pancakes.
That is about all I have to repost on my last fortnight.  The craft I have been attending to when able is cutting, preparing for 3D card making when  I am ready to put all my cards together.  Soon I hope as I want to place Christmas cards on eBay and here for all to see and buy if they wish.
I have found some great little tit bits for you and I hope you enjoy my contribution to your already busy week.

Recipe of the Week:

Old Fashioned Potato Pancakes

Crispy-on-the-outside, tender-on-the-inside Old-Fashioned Potato Pancakes pair perfectly.  I am always trying to find different patty recipes as my Mother loves them.  This might be a real crowd pleaser.











SCENTED HOT PAD
 Fill it with your favorite potpourri, and pick two different fabrics to make it double-sided.  Then place your hot kettle on it and room will be refreshed.  You can always make smaller hot pads to place cups on so everyone has their own.

I also have knitting pattern for jumpers for your favourite children. 


Sporty Zippered Pullovers



Bold and bright Sporty Zippered Pullovers. Cute and colourful kid's sweater pattern features an elastic waist band, practical half-zippers, and a fun pouch to carry all his or her belongings. Primary colours  or muted earth tones will always brighten a dismal day  for a versatile pullover they'll reach for every day.



p  Personalized decorated shoelaces

So simple, you can make it one colour, multi coloured or patterned.  Imagination is the only 



Also, I have another activity for children this week - 
Handmade Holiday Hairpins Gift Idea

Holiday Hairpins  By: Pauline from Club Chica Circle

    


      
      Little ones can put a festive twist on DIY hair accessories by making these Holiday Hairpins.  Can be made for themselves of for present for a friend.  Would make a great Christmas present for all the girl friends this year.






Mount Lofty Ranges World Heritage Bid

      World-class wine producing regions McLaren Vale along with the Adelaide Hills, Barossa Valley and Fleurieu Peninsula are working together under the Mount Lofty Ranges Agrarian Landscape World Heritage Bid umbrella to nominate for World Heritage listing.



Image result for robin williams            Have a great week,  and let us remember a great quote from the very wonderful Robin  Williams who died this week.  What a loss to the world.  I used to love Mork and Mindy.      He once said: 









No comments:

Post a Comment