Sunday 14 September 2014

Back to work!

Wow, it has been 4 weeks since I have even looked at these pages.  The longest 4 weeks for a while, 3 of them were in the beautiful McLaren Vale Hospital.  Thankfully I am well on the mend but my time in hospital was not an ordeal like it is for many.  The views from my window were of tall gum trees with lovely well kept grounds beneath them.  The ability to walk and sit out in the sun each day and take in the view was greatly appreciated.  Also the care given was excellent and I greatly appreciate all the time and attention given to me.

I am still convalescing for another couple of months so today's article will be short, just great to get back into it.  Whilst in hospital and since I have been home I have been madly cutting out for my next batch of 3D cards for many occasions but mostly Christmas at this stage.  I think I am nearly ready to start constructing.  Also, in the last few days I have started uploading cards, again mostly Christmas to Ebay for sale.
(3 of the cards I have made below)


Four of my beautiful Grand children
enjoying the sunshine yesterday
My sister with my youngest grandchild
No 4 grand daughter
Whilst 'away' my Mum celebrated her birthday and I had a leave pass to go to lunch.  Mum, my sister and her son, my beautiful daughter and my youngest grand daughter all went to Oscars for lunch.  This was where I went for my birthday lunch too, it is an absolute favourite of my Mother's and mine.  Yesterday I had my son and his four darling children for lunch and as usual it was a great day.  The sun shone and we stayed outside the entire time.  As I am still taking it easy I made a chocolate cake, a salad and a plate of fruit and sent my son to buy chicken and chips. I have added a few photos today of both occasions.
    


This week I have found a few slightly different items for you to make and I hope you enjoy and have a great week.

Crafts
Starting with a gorgeous Christmas ornament, and a shrug.

Glitter Topped Christmas Ornaments and a Firecracker shrug which I am hoping to make for myself when finished with Christmas Cards.

Image

Recipe of the Week

Walnut And Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Something sweet and yummy to enjoy.

Children's Activities

Beginner Rainbow Loom Patterns






 Although, this craft doesn't seem quite as popular as a few months ago, the shops are still full of bands and accessories.  A good time for making a few Christmas presents for their friends and saving Mum and Dad a little money,


As you can see I haven't gone overboard this week, but will attempt to put more into the tale next week,

No comments:

Post a Comment