Tuesday 23 September 2014

A strange week (hopefully behind me!)




Sorry this is a couple of days late but it has been a strange week in so many ways and I am getting further behind each minute.  It is still TWO steps forward and ONE step back with my health which I am finding very frustrating as I can't make plans as I am not sure how I will be feeling on that day and may need to cancel, which is disappointing.

Three Wise Men
Christmas Scene
However, as I have been home I have been madly constructing cards which will be for sale in the near future. I am really quite chuffed with what I  have made so far but only time will tell.  I have uploaded some pictures for you, these are not complete yet but some will be placed on my cards for sale column and others on Ebay eventually.



Santa
Christmas decorated

Fun picture of boy presenting flowers.

Sunflower Card


English Garden Scene

   



 I have also been making the most of the sunshine some days and picking lavender and bunching it to dry for future further crafts.  My mother keeps the lavender pruned and when flowering it is magnificent. I need to try and spend a little more time out there this morning before it rains.  The remainder of the garden is looking very springlike with magnificent flowers and healthy plants.  Again thank you to my magnificent 82 year old mother.
Picked Lavender


Due to my health problems I have not seen a great deal of the grand children this fortnight which is fair however it is always amazing how my mood lightens when I see at least one
Garden Scene from Side  of House
occasionally.  Yesterday morning I was on a real low, I hadn't commenced this page, already a day behind, feeling quite low with health and there on the door step at 08:40 am was grand-daughter No , all smiles and happiness and the world changed for a little while. She helped me hang out some washing and just chatted freely while I plaited her silky hair and played games around my feet.  Total bliss.  Last week I saw grand daughter No 2 for a few minutes when I collected my beautifully fixed car and again total bliss for 10 - 15 minutes.  Children change our lives so much.  Even my own children now 32 and 30 can brighten and lighten my mood when they walk in the door, regardless of if I had just been mad with them, it is all forgotten when I see them even if only a drop in visit.

I am starting to prepare for Christmas and have already ordered some of the gifts on line.  (Always look for postage costs when ordering from overseas.)  This means it is time to start including bits and pieces and a few ideas here for everyone to share.  So we will have a Christmas section each week now until Christmas.

Also, have had a newsletter from the Chronic Pain Association about  'Learn Yoga for Pain online' and have included this link too.

I hope you all have a productive week and I will be striving to do the same.

Craft of the week:        

1 dish towel, 85" of ribbon, and 10 minutes of your time! Makes a cheap and easy gift! #apron #kitchen #sewing #beginner

 This is a quick sewing pattern that would make a great gift for anyone but particularly teachers (female, I think), friends for Christma




Recipe of the Week:

  One of my favourite cakes.  These are always popular and can be filled with cream or custard, topped with chocolate or served in a bowl with warm Chocolate sauce.  Yum! 


Children's Activities:

This activity looks very attractive and can be made for their rooms or as a present for parent / grandparent / special friend.  

This headband can be for the older children / teenagers.  This is something they can really personalise and make their own.

Melted Crayon Heart Art

Melted Crayon Heart Art

Am trying to include all ages but haven't quite covered both genders at this time - am slowly making progress.

Rainbow Wrapped Headband

Rainbow Wrapped Headband       



'Learn Yoga for Pain online'  
This is great for everyone who suffers chronic pain.  The first is Free but then there is a cost for future sessions.  Visit the site and have a look.

Next Science in the Pub gathering:
When:Friday, 3 October, 6 - 7:30 p.m.
(Arrive at 5:30pm for free nibbles and to ensure you get a seat!)
Where:The Brunswick Hotel
207 Gilbert Street, Adelaide, SA 5000
Cost:FREE
SciPubOct. 3 - Something to sneeze at: A conversation about allergies

Panellists
Dr. William Smith, MBBS (Hons), FRACP, FRCPA, PhD, is Senior Consultant, Department of Clinical Immunology and Allergy, Royal Adelaide Hospital and a consultant at Allergy SA
Dr. Michael Wiese, PhD, is Senior Senior Lecturer in Pharmacotherapeutics at the University of South Australia
Dr. Jovanka King, RACP/RCPA Advanced Trainee in Paediatric Allergy, Immunology & Immunopathology, SA Pathology

McLaren Vale and the wonderful Fleurieu     
                                  http://mclarenvale.info/

DECANT 26TH SEPTEMBER    -    September 26 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm

FRIDAY NIGHTS AT FFG

We are open every Friday night from 5-8pm. Each week we look at a different region, country, variety or producer from International to local wines, always with an educational but relaxed theme.All our tastings are free and you are able to buy by the glass. Bottle sales are available for takeaway and at retail prices for on premise. Cheese and local meats along with bar snacks are available.
Garden-of-Eden-for-Adelaide-Review-(3-of-6)Date:           September 26, 2014
Time:          5:30 pm - 8:00 pm                                    
Cost:            Free
Venue:       fall from grace
Phone:      0885562590
                     29 a High street, willunga, Sth Australia 5172 Australia
                    + Google Map

WOOD OVEN PIZZA NIGHT  

Every Friday after 6:30pm, join us at Woodstock Wine Estate for a little starter, lots of pizzas and something sweet to finish… Only $35 per person. Live entertainment. Ring Jody on (08) 8383 0156 to book!

Next -  September 26 @ 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm
pizza nights1
Woodstock Wine Estate            
Phone:  08 8383 015
215 Douglas Gully Road , 
McLaren FlatSA  5171  Australia
+ Google Map
Website:
www.woodstockwine.com.au

I hope this is plenty to keep you interested and busy - enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment