Monday 20 October 2014

Christmas Crafting

Wow!  It has been a productive week with my Christmas Card making. I have basically finished my Christmas card making and have many for sale on E bay.  If you normally receive a Christmas card from me then you will know it is one I haven't sold. (Not really, am allowed to put 40 a month on E bay without opening an E Bay store.  I have made so many!!! and gift tags too.  These are being sold in assorted bags of 5.  Am not sure if I will put any for sale here as the action so far has been nil.  I am still making general cards for this week before I pack away all the card making for a few short months. (It is a craft I really enjoy).

All craft this week is in relation to Christmas, mostly gifts, both for children and adults.  The recipe is a slow cooker again, so that you have time to craft and run after children at this very busy time.  The stores are really into Christmas mode now so thought I should follow suit.  The Christmas gifts I am looking at making are using bits and pieces from around the home.

 
 
   
  
        
  
How do you prepare for Christmas, I would be grateful for ideas and clues.  I am in a Christmas Club with my main financial body and this year I joined a Christmas Club with the supermarket I shop at and this is going to make a huge difference when it comes to buying the food. When I joined there was a bonus that if you commenced your account with $10.00 or more then the store would also place $10.00 in your account.  In this climate you need to grab all the opportunities and freebies you can.

I have included a selection of cards I have been making.  
I shall include more next week.

Recipe of the Week:

This week's recipe is Beef Stroganoff
You can prepare the night before and have ready to turn on in the morning before heading off to work.


Craft of the Week:

This will make a great Christmas present for someone, or make one for each friend. niece, sister, etc.
Silk Yarn Butterfly Scarf

Silk Yarn Butterfly Scarf      By: Karen for Darn Good Yarn


Also this week I have two more crafts for this section, they are exciting as they may be so great you will not want to give away but keep for yourself.  These are economical ideas that can help you organize your craft desk or another area of the house.  They are made from recycled toilet rolls and a larger organizer form plastic soft drink bottles. 

Owl Desk Organizer      By: Glue Dots 
Owl Desk Organizer

  Water Bottle Supply Organizer Water Bottle Supply Organizer

Rainbow Loom Patterns

Children's Activity of the Week:

This week there are a couple of activities for different age groups.






1.  Rainbow Loom Patterns

           Found a great site on You-tube showing different patterns and ideas.  Well worth a look at for the slightly older child to look at and asasess.
Adorable Handprint Christmas Trees







2.  Adorable Handprint Christmas Trees    By: Jill from Meet the Dubiens





Christmas Planning 2014
  
 I think I included this pattern last year, but it is a cheapie and a goodie.

paper-clip-angel19ww-harvest-300x2931.   Easy Paperclip Angel Ornament





Another idea is:

2.   Beaded CD Ornaments     By: Annabelle Keller for Krylon


Beaded Recycled CD OrnamentThese are really pretty

I don't know when I am going to find the time to make all these gorgeous ideas.  There are so many out there and I have to be very selective and in my case very aware of costs.  All these today are very economical and many of the items are recycling which is GOOD!

Happy Crafting Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment