Sunday 9 February 2014

Still on the weather!

My mood isn't improving, NOR is the weather. Another 42 degree day yesterday and more fires in South Australia while Victoria has fires burning throughout the east of the state and fire alerts for remainder of state it is also the FIVE year anniversary for the Black Saturday fires where 173 people died and over 400 were injured. Over 2000 homes were destroyed.  Many of these areas are still reeling and recovering and are now being hit again.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all Victorians who are still recovering and to all who are being affected by fire this weekend.
 Mean while in South Australia's north a fire that began on January 14 took on a new lease of life with the change to refreshing winds yesterday and now townships are again being threatened.  Where would we be without our volunteer CFS or CFA (Victoria)?  They with the SES and all volunteers bring so much to our society.  Do any of us fancy living in a world where these charities do not exist?

I have spent most of the last week recovering from last weekend's heat and it has slowed my elderly mother down too.   I also made the effort to cook decent nutritious meals each night as we had been so slack over the hot weekend and days leading into it.  It was so 'nice' to eat meat & veg each night.  I also made the lovely beef stew again (highlighted a few weeks ago and in the recipe folder). This time I managed to cook just a little more and freeze a meal for Mum and me at a later date.  Usually when I make stews, casseroles, stir fries etc, I try to make a meal to freeze for us too.  It is economical and if I am having an off day or busy day I can grab a meal and some rice, pasta or veg for a nutritious meal.


Milk jug cover with x-stitched mushrooms in centre
I have decided to post more items on ebay and try to sell some here too so this week I have been very actively photographing all my items for sale.  I didn't realise I had so much jewellery made or had so many cards available.  It is taking a long time but at least it will be completed and then I will photograph as I go from now long.  I have included a few pictures of items I have made.  I hope you enjoy them.  Hopefully I will complete this today or tomorrow at latest and then I can start crafting again, especially for my new grand child who will be arriving in 3 months.
Plain milk jug cover


Black crocheted milk jug cover  
3D decoupage roses on a card.


Magnetic ended white necklace


Beaded pendant without chain - 6 drops
I have tried to find a good selection this week and I hope you find something useful amongst it.  

Recipe of the week:     Potato-Crusted Quiche  -  By: Blair Chavis and Emily Racette, 
Potato-Crusted Quiche

Craft of the Week:     Baby Shower Booties    By: Bernat       Baby Shower Booties

Childrens' Activities:  Hand print Sunflower   
           

Saving Green and Being Green: Reasons to Use Upcycled Materials in Your Craft Business

 My Favourite Quotes:
A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.          Charles Darwin - See the page for more information on Charles Darwin.

I hope every one has a good and dare I say cooler week.  We are never happy though are we? While I am lamenting the heat, someone is cheering because they love the heat.  Whatever you do, keep smiling and enjoy.  Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment