Sunday 16 February 2014

I know I go on about the weather but in the life of my mother and myself the weather plays an important part as far as our daily well being goes.  We are both very arthritic plus I have several other conditions where the heat just makes me feel doubly unwell & am unable to cope with life in general when the weather is above low 20's.  You all think I am joking,  but it is true!

Well! The heat has broken (for the moment) We went from 43 degrees C one day to floods the next. Unbelievable but true.  The poor ground was so hard and dry that the heavy downpours could not soak in, and with blocked gutters and drains after a long very hot, very very dry summer, the rain / water had no where to go,

So, I am greatly relieved  to be a little cooler and am hoping to make a great impact into my Blog, my social pages and other ventures I am trying to get - going.  I also need to get crafting again, particularly card making and cross stitching.  Best of all,  though I need to start crocheting for my new on the way grand daughter and for my other beautiful grand children.
Firstly, I am sorting through all my card making collections seeing what I have, what I need, and what I want.  I am hoping to have made a couple at least by the end of today.  Then I need to sort through my wools & yarns and consider what I have to what I need and then work out my options of where to get what I have to get.  I love ICE YARNS from Turkey, but while their yarn is very reasonable, quality is great, transport is expensive.  In saying this, add the product cost and delivery cost together it is still a reasonable buy. 
What crafts are you planning in the coming months?  

Recipe of the Week:
Slow Cooker Chicken Teryaki

   



Craft of the Week:

One Hour Bag    By: Jodie from Ric-Rac


Children's Craft of the Week:

Ladybug Lids  By: Amanda Formaro from Crafts by Amanda


My little pick - me - ups:

Mental Illness Can Shorten Lives, Studies Show


My Favourite Quote:

By the time a man realizes that his father was right, he has a son who thinks he’s wrong.- CHARLES WADSWORTH

I hope you all have a full-filling week and I look forward to finding and interesting selection of ideas for next weekend. Try to enjoy life as much as you can, it makes you feel better and keeps you younger in outlook and looks. (Apparently)  God bless all.

No comments:

Post a Comment