Monday 24 February 2014

Well, at the end of another week and I am still sorting through my card making collection before I start up again.  Didn't realise I had so many bags of  'invaluable' card making equipment still on hand.  No wonder my daughter would like me to start culling many of my bags of craft 'material'.  I find I never throw any bits of paper, gift wrapping etc away as I may need it for card making (chances are, even if I was making cards every day I will probably never, never use it  ALL.)  But....if I throw something out I will definitely need it a few days later, isn't that a rule of thumb!)

In the weeks to come you will find a new page on the right, labelled "Hand-made by Jill".  This is a new page that I have been working on for quite awhile.  On this page will be a selection of items I have made and are for sale.  I have included postage and handling in the price.  I have tried to keep prices to a minimum but have not learnt how to add a shopping cart and checkout as  yet, so if there is more than one item you require then you will have to repeat the process of going through Pay pal.  Sorry about this but I am working on rectifying this position.  Just uploading different items is so tedious, I feel so sympathetic to people who work on data en-trying.

I am off to school assembly on Wednesday as No 2 Grand son has his FIRST school assembly which his class is hosting.  I am quite excited for him and am so looking forward to it.  He seems unimpressed by it all though.  He is not telling us much about school yet, this is his first year, so you cannot get a sense of how is / or is not enjoying it.  Whereas his sister who is in Year 1 tells you everything all the way home to the dismay of her older brother who cannot get a word in and becomes quite agitated at times.  When my children were at school I used to love the drive home as I would hear all the days news and hear the interaction between them about the school day, again, I am enjoying the same time with these three little grandchildren even though I am not collecting them often. (Often enough though!)

Ebay have an offer of  100 free items for sale for 10 days so I have been so busy placing items on Ebay (it is usually 30) making the most of the special that what I am about to place on here for this week will be almost as big a surprise for me as it will be for you.   Ebay makes it easy enough but still very tedious.  

Recipe of the Week:  I used to make this  recipe all the time and when I found it the other day it got me to thinking again about how to make it in smaller amounts for my mother and me.  So although I am not using my recipe I have tweaked this one a little to suit my tastes and I will be making it soon.

STUFFED BELL PEPPERS                     
by PAM on MARCH 11, 2008

Also, just to inform you of an economical meal, I am trying to ensure my mother has extra healthy meals (we nearly always do anyway) before her hip replacement and she loves fish (which is expensive).  I bought some smoked cod from Foodland this week, ONE largish piece, cost me just over $2.00.  Last night I sauteed it in butter & a dash of olive oil and served it with vegetables (mash potato goes very well).  Poured the extra butter left in pan over our fish (I only had a small piece of one end as can't eat a lot - have had stomach banding)- Absolutely delicious.  No complaints from anyone.


Craft of the Week:     
                                                      Starting to prepare for winter, so a scarf to get your fingers         
Brioche Rib Scarf in readiness for more difficult items to come.  
It is rated as EASY.

Brioche Rib Scarf      



Make your own light sabers
Children's activity of the week:   -  Light Saber.
All little boys and most little girls love light sabers, especially every time Star Wars is replayed.  Also, home made light sabers are much safer than the bought as cardboard can do less damage than plastic.  Make yourself the most popular Mum in the street.




Quote of the Week:
 Most of the shadows of this life are caused by you standing in your own sunshine. The only thing standing between you and your dream is your belief that it is possible and your willingness to go after it. 


Little Pick Me Ups:
 Have fun! Laugh and play! Not sure how, since you've been working too much and have lost touch with your inner funny? This can be as simple as renting a stand-up comedy routine or playing a silly game with your child.  
Silly Play and Challenges for Kids - picture of child wearing snorkling gear on land. Can you say these tricky phrases 10 times, really fast, without messing up?
  1. Mass at the Mosque
  2. Toy Boat
  3. The skunk said the stump stunk.
  4.  She sells seashells at the seashore.
What other tongue twisters do you know? Can you make some up?
You will all be laughing so much that you will have forgotten what was making you angry earlier and think of all the muscles that have just had an extra workout.    
I hope this all works together and gives you a great week.  Something I find hard to remember, is that it is up to us to make our lives happier and less stressful, we are in control.  By then end of the week I have completely forgotten all my so called good advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment