Sunday 9 March 2014

Cannot think of a title.

I hope every one has had a great week.  Mine has been reasonable, but we are in for another few days of hot weather and you all know how I loathe the heat.  I just have to go back into hibernation mode for a few days.  This week I have been making cards again.  Especially children's and male focused cards, it is really difficult to find themes for children and men.  I often use  gift wrapping paper for 3D decoupage as there is a greater variety.  The cards have been put away now and the cross stitch and crocheting are coming out.  Many of my tea towels have now sold on Ebay so I need to cross stitch more tea towels and face washers for sale as these appear most popular.

Last week I was a little angry / disappointed about the lack of doctors in the Pain Unit at Flinders Medical Centre.  On Monday I sent an email to all Members of Parliament and their opposite standing for election this week for those electorates serviced by FMC, the Health Minister, Premier, leader of the Opposition and Mr Brokenshire.  Also a copy went to the Letters of the Editor for the Advertiser. Responses: interesting to say the least- I can add here who commented as they were so few.  Mr Brokenshire's office replied to my email to say he was out of the office but someone would get back to me - still waiting; Dr Such's office replied, saying something short and soothing.  Later that night I had a very pleasant call from the Office Manager of Mr Bignell (our local member) who explained that everyone was in caretaker mode and it would be difficult to get action but after more facts etc from me said she would follow up the next day and get back to me the next day.  Again, later in the day I received another call to say she had not received a response from the Minister for Health and would follow up the next day.  That was last Tuesday - I have heard nothing since.  I am deeply disappointed but not surprised.  Well, we vote next week.

What have I found for you this week?

Recipe of the Week:

15 Low Fat Chicken Casserole Recipes

15 Low Fat Chicken CasserolesThis week the recipe link will take you to the website of 15 Lowe Fat Chicken recipes.  Many people seem to like chicken and I find that when people have digestive problems, red meat is often difficult to consume, but chicken is easy  I hope you find something to enjoy.






Craft of the Week:
Easy Chunky Knitted Footies     By: Authentic Knitting Board
Chunky Knitted Footies or Slippers
These thick and cozy slippers from Authentic Knitting Board are easy and quick to knit. You'll love padding around the house in them.






Pipe Cleaner Butterflies:    
By: Emi Harrington
Get the kids involved with this butterfly craft from Emi Harrington. Use inexpensive pipe cleaners and beads to create many variations of butterfly, each on unique. Once you learn how to make butterflies, you can branch out to dragonflies too!

I so believe in this and love this quote, I hope you do too.
"Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."      
Oscar Wilde

Brain Foods That Help You Concentrate - There is a Slide show of Foods you can have to assist you with concentration.  I really enjoy  WebMD. It has some great information for all of us and ideas to apply to everyday life. 







I hope everyone has a productive and happy week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment