Tuesday 1 October 2013

School Holidays


Make a fun paper plate flying saucer from CraftsbyAmanda.com @amandaformaro

We are in the first week of school holidays in South Australia and some states are already into their second week.  I have placed a relatively simple but attractive craft on the Childrens Activity page for making a UFO using a paper plate and stick on gems.

 This one should keep both boys & girls happy and occupied for quite a while.
Tomorrow, (Wednesday) I am having Grand daughter No 1 along with my niece's daughter who is 12 months older than GDNo1.  These 2 girls get along so well but both are wanting me to craft with them.  I haven't decided what I am going to do, but, the UFO might be a good way to go.
Both are wanting me to teach them to knit, but I am not sure I have the patience!  I was going to try 'tom-boy' stitch but it is so hard to make up the kit as we do not have wooden cotton reels any more and I am not sure what to use.  Any ideas please?
Sometimes it is quite a challenge to re-create the pleasant activities of our childhood for our grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment