Monday 12 May 2014

Post Mothers' Day - What now?

A belated Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers, grand mothers and great grand mothers.  We had all three in our household yesterday and it was awesome.  My gluten free scones were great, didn't rise quite as much as I would have liked but very edible and were all gone very early in the day.  I think Mum had a lovely day, the three great grand daughters were so well behaved and friendly.   By mid afternoon Mum and I had tidied up and then relaxed for the remainder of the day.

Today it is back to work, washing is on, I am about to make my smoothie and just had a few moments to get this little bit down before the washing machine calls me to hang out.  We have a beautiful day weather wise so hopefully all the washing will dry.

Back from my mundane chores for a short time so I am going to try and finish this off so I am not worrying about this  as this page is my main aim for the beginning of the week.  I love spending quiet time thinking about what I am going to write.  Sometimes at the end of a week I might start off if something happening hits me as a great idea. However, usually I am not that well organised.

We have just had Christmas, Valentines Day, Easter and Mothers Day all within 5 months, now the next big hype will be End Of Financial Year Sales (EOFYS) , then Fathers Day and Christmas, but at least we have a little more time in between to slow down and organise ourselves.  You can always start Christmas shopping though, I am on the look out all year around and particularly with the sales coming up at the end of June. They generally need to be available on line as mobility is always an issue.  Also, I start now planning what I am making for Christmas as gifts for all the family or what little gadgets I am buying especially for the men.  I hope to offer a page of gadgets for everyone to view and buy in the very near future.

At the moment my magnificent wool supply arrived from overseas this week so when I finish cross stitching for my new grand daughter (less than 2 weeks now) I can start crocheting for my other grand daughters for winter.  I think I will make shrugs for this winter.  Shrugs are so handy for keeping shoulders warm and look so pretty on little girls.  My mother and daughter loathe them so will have to make something else for grand daughter No 2. 

This week I have a lovely recipe and crafts  to add to the collection plus an article on 

'Top 5 Ways Crafty Business People Get Social Media Wrong'  This is a great article for all to read.  The full article will be in  My Little Pick Me Ups Have a read, it is worth the couple of minutes spent.  Otherwise, everyone, have a great week and I will try to be more organised and together for next week.







Recipe of the Week
Time to make something special for Mother's Day,  I am making scones but had I seen this first I may have changed my mind.

Flourless Chocolate Torte





Nana's Favorite Baby Blanket

The cold is setting in and all babies need a rug to cuddle up to.  Babies of all sizes and ages will benefit from a rug.  I use one at night whilst sitting in my chair to keep arthritic knees warm.  Rugs are also quite easy to make even if you are only a basic knitter or crocheter.
This one is for a baby but can be adapted to fit any size.  Enjoy!



Recycled Plastic Bottle Wind Spinner

Everybody has a plastic bottle lying around around.  Here is a great activity for children.







Top 5 Ways Crafty Business People Get Social Media Wrong

Did you know you could be using social media incorrectly? Yes, it’s true. If you are trying to brand yourself or run a business, there are ways you could be running your social media poorly.   






 "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." - Dalai Lama



No comments:

Post a Comment