Friday 13 December 2013

Christmas break-up for schools



Today sees the final School break-up for many thousands of our beautiful children.  I don't know about you, but by now I like to have nearly all my Christmas shopping (gifts) completed.  As much as I love children I hate shopping anywhere near them (even when they are not mine!)  I have 1 more significant gift to get & a couple more little bits & pieces plus of course more food which cannot be attained until closer to Christmas.

All the children are so tired.  I am collecting my grandchildren from school at present and yesterday the eldest (12 year old) and the youngest (5 year old kindy) both fell asleep on the way home.  Grandma was lucky she didn't fall asleep too as I was shattered, but being the driver this makes for difficulties. When I collected the 6 year old (she had walked to the beach - not too far, made sandcastles & played as an excursion, then back to school for a sausage sizzle and ice-creams as school breakup) said to me "I have had the best day Grandma, but I am very tired now".  Every day, somewhere on the trip home from school she will quietly say from the back seat "Number of sleeps to Christmas".  I shall have to call her each day in the holidays to find out where we are with the sleeps.

Back to 'Thank God its Friday' I have found a lovely recipe for tonight or maybe next week as it is a slow cooker and you need to be organised for these.  However, it sounds delicious and is from a favourite web site of mine.  Usually anything that has a pasta will keep the children content and after all Father Christmas is watching, isn't he?
It is an American recipe but I have converted from ounces to gms as accurately as possible.

Chicken Mac with Mushrooms Recipe
 This Chicken Mac with Mushrooms recipe makes 4 servings. Each serving is 263 calories and 3 grams of fat.
What You Need
• 1 (305 gms  approx.) can Cream of Chicken Soup
• 1/4 cup  no-fat sour cream
• 450gms  skinned, boned uncooked chicken breast, cut into 20 pieces
• 115gm. can sliced mushrooms, drained
• 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
• 1 1/3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
What To Do
1. Spray interior of crock-pot with butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray.
2. Add chicken soup and sour cream to crock-pot and combine.
3. Stir in chicken, mushrooms and onion.
4. Add macaroni and mix well.
5. Cover; cook on low 6-8 hours. Stir before serving.


Happy holidays every one, enjoy the eagerness of the little ones and be patient with them through this exciting time.  (Easier said than done when we are all getting tired and are so busy, isn't it?) I will be back as usual, NO HOLIDAYS FOR THIS GRANDMA!


No comments:

Post a Comment