Wednesday 23 October 2013

Hump Day (Again!)

Wednesday again, as the end of year approaches the weeks seem to be going far too quickly for me.  As I get older time really does seem to 'fly'.
This week as a 'pick me up' for HUMP DAY I have gone 'natural ' again.  It is always the safest and most preferable way to improve one's life (if possible!)
This is from  Radiant Health Inner Wealth by Tess Challis--vegan chef, author, wellness coach, & your new health bff.
Some of these I have tried myself in the past and I know they work and these I have highlighted.  I have also included many pictures of some of the special things in my life.  I have not included any pictures of my beautiful family, which of course are my favourite and most natural 'pick-me-ups'. Enjoy the day and we will talk soon.  Jill
I love nature, and as a child I remember the beautiful monarch butterfly,  we always had an aquarium in our classroom when in mid primary school and watch the life cycle of this magnificent creature.

Every one knows how I love pelicans. I always 'believe' I am going to have a great day if I see one on the river or flying above.
Sunsets and sunrises are always special.  Especially when near water or in the outback for some reason.
Spring is on the way when you start to see the snowdrops and the crocuses (pictured) flower.  I love the spring bulbs, specially freesias, snowdrops, jonquils, daffodils....( I will never stop!)
A cup of tea can improve our mood at any time.  Whether it be black, green or herbal.  It always amazes me how refreshing a HOT cup of tea can be on a very very hot Australian day.



Helping someone else to me is very important.  I 'believe' you get back at least 3 fold what every you put in to helping someone else.



Beautiful McLaren Vale in South Australia is another pick me up for me.

Ten Natural Pick-Me-Ups:  by Tess Challis

1. Try meditation. Just a few minutes of inner focus will revitalize you more than you'd ever think! There have been times when I thought I needed a three-hour nap, but was surprised to find that a ten-minute meditation perked me right up.

2. Breathe deeply. Try this quick exercise: Breathe in slowly and deeply through your nostrils, then exhale through your mouth. Do this five times. I'll give you a dollar if you don't immediately feel better!

3. Get some fresh air and exercise! Grandma was right - this really does work. Just being outside can be so rejuvenating!

4. Your local health food store has lots of herbal remedies that work to boost energy - try a little ginseng for a quick pick-me-up.

5. "Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food," said Hippocrates. This, I live by! If you're eating well (and this includes getting in lots of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables), your energy levels will soar!

6. Ever notice a plant when it needs water? It looks all wilty and sad. Did you ever stop to think that we humans exhibit the same kind of energy when we get dehydrated? Personally, I notice a drastic improvement in energy when I drink plenty of water and don't allow myself to get too thirsty. I recommend about 3-4 quarts of water daily for anyone who is physically active.

7. Learn how to practice pranayam. This ancient yogic breathing technique will have you energized in no time! There are many great books and resources on the subject. Or come by one of my meditation classes and I'll show you myself!

8. Visualize yourself feeling healthy and energized. I know this sounds repetitive to those who are familiar with my book and workshops, but I can't say it enough! Visualizing something over and over really does make it manifest. (I am not sure about a vegan diet, I can't eat a lot of meat, but I do love it and my favourites foods include, eggs, chicken, fish & cheese, so a vegan diet is not for me, but that doesn't mean the same for all) 


9. Cut out the energy-drainers that are present in your life. Not sure what they are? I recommend sitting quietly with a piece of paper (and a pen) and asking yourself this question: "What is zapping my energy?" Then, listen to the answers that arise within you. It could be anything from staying up to late, to never saying no, to eating too much refined flour. Only you know what is holding you back from experiencing your best energy levels.  (I agree with this, BUT sometimes as much as you would like to cut the energy - drainers you just CANNOT, so you need to learn techniques of how to cope with this problem.  If you do not have the strength to stay firm with energy drainers then seek assistance, counsellors and psychologists can help here.)

10. Have fun! Laugh and play! Not sure how, since you've been working too much and have lost touch with your inner funny? This can be as simple as renting a stand-up comedy routine or playing a silly game with your child.

http://rhiw.blogspot.com.au/2010/03/ten-natural-pick-me-ups.html

No comments:

Post a Comment