Sunday 20 October 2013

Nine Weeks to Christmas

I hope every one has had a reasonable week.  I have had a lovely week and have caught up with all my beautiful grandchildren.  They make me feel so happy and worthwhile.
Grand daughter No 2 was going swimming when I left her and getting ready whilst I was there.  She is so grown up for her age and such a lively little personality.  Loves having her picture take as you have all probably noticed by now. Below are two pictures of her on Friday.

While I am all brightness this week, part of our large wonderful country is being burned to a cinder with dreams, hopes & aspirations lost or put back many years.  So many homes and animals lost.  So much wonderful forest destroyed.  Thank you to all the wonderful people whether they be the magnificent fire fighters (who are at risk at all times), the charity groups trying to keep people and families together and feeding the many.  My thoughts, prayers and thanks are with all this weekend.  If you want to donate you can go to the   Salvation Army NSWBushfireAppeal  Australians are so great at giving. 
I last heard they have enough food but desperately need money now.




This week is personally quiet but I am sure the computer (my mate) will keep me busy,  A couple of my girlfriends have become grandmothers in the last couple of weeks and I warmly congratulate all the families concerned.

 Recipe of the Week    (link to full recipe)

Lamb kofta with mint and garlic yoghurt



 Craft of the Week      (link to full instructions)
Have gone for a Christmas Craft this week.  Do you have old CDs at home?  How do you dispose of them?  Well here is a great craft for using the CDs.
Also on the CRAFT PAGE there is a craft for those not interested in the CD craft.  It is converting an old sweater into a lovely skirt.
You can access Craft of the Week by the above link or the link on the side of this page.

Recycled CD snowflake ornament




Children's Activity    (link to full directions)

Dream Catcher
This would make a lovely gift for children to make for their friends and of course themselves.



Christmas Countdown   
 Do you make your own Christmas Cards?  If so, it is time to start preparation.  I will put some ideas on the the Christmas Countdown (link above)
If you are ordering from overseas or ebay you will need to do so fairly soon so that you give articles plenty of time to arrive and are not panicking at the last moment. (done that before...)
Have you worked out who is going where for Christmas Day and who is doing what?  It is very difficult to plan food if this is not discussed first.  There are always family who will not know what is happening till last minute - frustrating!


Weekly Quote  (link to previous quotes)

   Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. –John Lennon
JohnLennonpeace.jpg
Birth nameJohn Winston Lennon
Born9 October 1940
Liverpool, England, UK
Died8 December 1980 (aged 40)
New York City, New York, US
I hope every one has a productive and happy week.  The best way to be productive is to be HAPPY and content and I wish that for everyone in the days ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment