Monday 27 January 2014

Australia Day & Tour Down Under.

What a busy week!  Thankfully the daily temperature was much milder as it was the last week of summer school holidays for most children.  Also, we had fires still burning and we were hosting the magnificent Tour Down Under.  I had a GREAT week.  

On Wednesday I went and collected my eldest grandson and brought him home for the night.  We had tacos for dinner, which he enjoys and he occupied himself on the computer for most of the evening.  The next morning after my Mum spoiled him with bacon and eggs for breakfast we went and collected his siblings and with the help of my pregnant daughter we went 10 Pin Bowling.  It was the first time for the 6 and 5 year olds and they LOVED it.  The gutter guards were present and Grandson No 2 needed the ramp as the bowling ball was too heavy for his little hands but did manage to win the second game.  My daughter won the first game.  Their little arms were really aching at the completion and by the time we had lunch and a couple of arcade games each they were crying tired on arrival home.  I was totally spent too and I didn't bowl.
The Pelaton coming down the road

Friday was preparation for the Tour Down Under, and Saturday we awoke to a very pleasant day.  When the race first started coming down our street so many times many years ago we started our parties and would have up to 30 people.  Over the years with young ones no longer finding it cool to be involved and many oldies no longer with us or unable to attend we are down to my best friends and their husbands attending with Mum and me.  So their was 6 of us and I think it was the most relaxed and enjoyable day we have had.  Due to the generosity of my friends and the over catering of myself we were very very well catered for and sat out in the front yard under the shade of a tree with a gentle breeze and only moved to watch the cyclists as they came down the street of to bring out more food.

Yesterday was Australia Day and my youngest godson turned 13.  We had a lovely visit with him and his family in the morning.  He is most impressed that he has a public holiday for his birthday.  To top off the day Australia had a great win at the cricket against England.  
The Pelaton as it passes our home.

Now to reality - it is going to be a scorcher all week AGAIN!!!!  It is always hot for the children going back to school. I have Grandson No 2 starting school, so am excited about this and cannot wait to see pictures of him in his new uniform.   I 'shouldn't' have too busy a week but must get stuck into more work here and learn to talk to all my beautiful on-line friends more.








I have found an assortment of ideas for everyone this week.  I hope you enjoy and find them useful.

Pick me ups:  ~ Give your feet a treat.  It is easy and will refresh all of you.




Lemon Parmesan RisottoRecipe of the week:     

Lemon Parmesan Risotto

I love risotto but am not great  at making it.  I hope this recipe is easy.  
Kitty Cat Hat  May have to make this one for my new grand child due in May.


Children's Activities:               Recycled Cardboard Kite
Bring some Italian flavour to your dinner table with this mouthwatering side dish tonight!

Craft of the week:                     Kitty Cat Hat       By: Bernat
 By: Craft Foxes
                                                              

Recycled Cardboard Kite We have the equivalent to FedEx envelopes.  Kites are fantastic.

My Favourite Quote:

Marriage is the bond between a person who never remembers anniversaries and another who never forgets them.                     Savannah Highnote-http://coolfunnyquotes.com 

I need to sign out now, I am being a typical female, multi tasking -  cooking dinner, writing this blog, melting in the heat.  Already reached 38 degrees C.  (100 F)  Have a safe week everyone and try to keep cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment