Monday 25 November 2013

4 Weeks + days and counting

Time is starting to become an issue with many people as they make their final plans for Christmas.  My mother and I are now fully organised with our Christmas Day (organised meaning we know what we are doing - NOT finished buying food and gifts etc). After going to my daughters for breakfast where my son & family will join us and then my mother and I are going home for the remainder of the day.  Which will mean that even though I am cooking lunch and preparing a dinner for my brother and family (I love catering, if well enough!) both of us should be quite relaxed when they arrive as we can rest in between meals.


Anyway, on to this week.  I have a Christmas Fund which will be paid in at the end of the week and am looking forward to finalising my shopping quite quickly after this.  I have already completed much of  the shopping but there is still much in the way of little bits & pieces.  I always like to be well and truly finished before the children break up for the holidays.  This includes ALL non-perishables in food too.  Shopping once the shops are filled with children is just too difficult, especially when you are on walkers or walking sticks.

Kudos this week to McLaren Vale Chemmart, who set up their store ready for children to do their Christmas Shopping on Saturday https://www.facebook.com/mclarenvalechemmart  If anyone missed out it will be open on Monday too.

 After Christmas I will be quickly getting back into knitting and crochet mode as I have a new grandchild due in May and this little darling will need warm clothing. Grandma to the rescue!  Many young mums do not use knitted or crocheted articles on their children, but will say my daughter is always pleased with any article I make.  However, these days I tend to use yarn rather than wool because it washes well, not 'itchy' and cheaper.  There are yarns and there are YARNS.  I always like ICE yarns.  It comes from Turkey, is reasonable priced but the postage isn't so if you buy from them, order as much as will need of everything for the season so you only make one order and one DELIVERY.  Your order will be on your doorstep within a week.  Great service and great wool and yarns.  Their scarf yarns are awesome!  http://www.iceyarns.com

I have some lovely little bits and pieces for you this week.

Christmas Planning: (click to go to Christmas Planning Page)
Advent Calendars are lovely, but they are expensive and wasteful to buy each year.  This is one you can user every year, and can change / modify as much as you want to.  Imagination at its best.
Recycled Cards Advent Calendar          By: Monica from Crafty Nest
Recycled Cards Advent Calendar


I have also included a recipe for Christmas, Old Time Fudge
can be eaten by you or used as a wonderful gift for someone. I would be making mine very close to Christmas so that there is still some left for the day. You will find the recipe for the fudge and the plans for the Advent Calendar on the the Christmas Planning Page.



Craft of the Week:   (click to go to Craft Page)
This will make a great gift for people where you like to give something hand made but not TOO big a gift.  You could always place a small lip balm or chap-stick inside too (which then tells people what the gift is!

Chap-stick Holder Keyfob         By: Victoria for Vixen Made

A great idea for the smaller gifts that you need or for young girls who always seem to carry lip balm with them.  Fill it with a fruit flavoured lip balm (available at Chemists, supermarkets and there are great flavours at reasonable prices from Avon.)

Chapstick Holder Keyfob  

Also on the Craft Page is a design for storing your jewellery.  Always a great idea rather than having everything tangled in a mess, or can't find the second earring to wear that particular day.

 Jewellery Display Board    By: Dara DiMagno     (click to go to Craft Page)

Jewelry Display Board

Recipe of the week:     (click to go to Recipe Page)
 Slow Cooker Zucchini Italiano Casserole
Slow Cooker Zucchini Italiano Casserole Recipe – A great Vegetable Side Dish 



Recipe type: Vegetable Side Dish
       Cuisine: Italian American
Author: 
Serves: 6-8



This recipe makes the zucchini in the garden into a tasty side dish the whole family will like.


Children's Crafts     (click to go to Children's Crafts Page)

Spoon Puppets.

Plastic Spoon Puppets




My Favourite Quotes      (click to go to My favourite Quotes Page)

A day without laughter is a day wasted.    -       Charlie Chaplin
Charlie Chaplin Different pictures of Charlie Chaplin. 












  • No comments:

    Post a Comment