Friday 27 September 2013

My last day at Goolwa

My day started the same as the previous two.  There were still a couple of areas I wanted to visit before leaving the area.  The morning is mild, (we had rain overnight, and this has given a freshness to everything outside.
I wanted to look through the lovely little craft shop in Goolwa, so as soon as I was packed I checked out of the motel and headed off to the little craft shop I love to frequent when in the area, but alas, I was 5 minutes too early.  I really didn't feel like doing anything else and I was expected at a friends for morning tea, so, there was nothing else for it but to go to the wharf in search of pelicans.

Again, no luck, there they were flying around but NOT one landed or swam near me.  I thought I would have a final coffee at Hectors and there berthed at the front of the restaurant was the SPIRIT OF THE COORONG.  This is a boat that take tourists for a trip around the river or the Coorong for a few hours.  I went of this launch to the Coorong quite some years ago, it was fun and interesting with a packed picnic lunch provided.  The captain points out different species of birds and any other interesting facts as he shows us the beautiful Coorong.
 
The Spirit of the Coorong prepares for its day trip.

About 15 minutes late, coffee complete, I commence my trip for home and a cuppa at  a friends at Mt Compass.  It takes around 20 minutes driving and is a good trip.  It is a pleasant way to complete my few days away. My host has scones prepared and while enjoying their company their youngest daughter arrives with the youngest grandchild.  A dear little 15 month old boy who made us all smile.  

I say farewell after approximately an hour and head off on my last 15 - 20 minutes of the run home.  Mum is waiting for me all smiles and ready to assist me with my unpacking of the car and recommencing my normal everyday life again.  It always amazes me how quickly you get back into the swing of life. Within a few minutes I went from holiday mode to everyday mode, wishing I had had a longer stay on the beautiful South Coast of the Fleurieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment