Monday 14 July 2014

School Holidays...still....

Hi everyone.  I have survived the first week of the school holidays and it wasn't always easy.  This has been the busiest of holidays that I can remember.  Mum and I only had one child free day last week and although the week ahead is booking up fast it is not going to be as 'full - on'.  It was a great week though and we had heaps of laughs and fun with all of them.

I have tried to teach crocheting to the two older girls on separate occasions, without too much success but the interest is there. We have been drawing, block building and lots of eating.  All of the children have been absolutely delightful.  On Friday I took the three older grandchildren to see 'Transformers' which they thoroughly enjoyed.  For Grandma it was torment, loud, long and uncomfortable.  The sad thing is I followed the story line, dropped the popcorn and was quite cranky when it finished 2 1/2 hours later. The two little ones started to become a little restless in the last 15 minutes which was much better than their grandmother. After we needed lunch, and the kids asked for KFC (it was their day out & if it was within reason - ok)  We didn't have far to go to the nearest KFC and then all they wanted was chips.  I agree that when it comes to chips from fast food outlets, KFC is the best, but of all the choices they had and then the 5 year old only had about 3 chips (at my nagging) and he was full (he had the majority of popcorn) but by the time they had got home No 1 grandson had eaten all chips, cold or hot. He is such a lovely, thoughtful and very helpful (& hungry)13 year old.


This week coming we have not much baby sitting involved but lots of lovely visits with a little recovery time in between.  On Tuesday I will make gluten free scones for my daughter, son-in-law and their beautiful little girls. I have collected a couple of activities for grand daughter No 2 that I hope her mum will like.  I am always on the look-out for educational hobbies, crafts, activities for all age group but particularly pre-schoolers.  I like it to promote dexterity, knowledge, memory, and especially fine motor skills.
 Craft wise, this week I have had little time, but have completed Grand-daughter No 3's shrug. Need to urgently make a pair of nave mittens for grand daughter No 1 (special request from her & I cannot say no to my darlin' girl.) She wants 

Today we are off out for lunch to the Largs Pier Hotel.  In my youth this was an Adelaide icon for bands, discos but I NEVER went there. So I am fulfilling a missed part of my youth.  We are going with my brother and his wife's family, who we really enjoy.

Now onto this week, and again I have a mixture of goodies and often more than one choice.  I hope you enjoy what I bring and please make suggestions for patterns and recipes etc.

Recipe of the Week:
OMG Chicken
This recipe is very similar to another that our family makes & I will include it too.  I have adapted the OMG recipe from the American to Australian as it will make it easier for every one. You may have noticed I use a great deal of chicken, I LOVE it!  Alas, mum is not quite so keen so I need to be fair and vary the meals to include all meats and of course FISH which we both like. 


yarn scrapsCraft(s) of the Week:

38 Ways to Use Up Yarn Scraps
By: Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.comAs it is winter and we are inside a little more you may be cleaning out different cupboards and finding many yarn scraps.  Here are ideas of what you can use them for, rather than waste the yarn.  Always remember that if you have made an item with the yarn you save a little for darning etc.




Children's Activities
Spring Birds Recycled CD      By: Amanda Formaro for AllFreeKidsCrafts.com
Spring Birds Recycled CDThis is adorable, but is more for the little ones to the early teens.  The quality will improve with age of the child...hopefully.
This Spring Birds Recycled CD is such a unique and easy kids' crafts idea that your little ones will absolutely adore. They'll love being able to use their favourite paper design and feathers. Animal crafts are always a lot of fun for kids, especially when you throw recycled crafts into the mix.    


Weekly Quote:

Two this week, one for the kids and one for the adults. I am feeling generous.

Dear Math, please grow up and solve your own problems, I'm tired of solving them for you.-http://coolfunnyquotes.com 

I'm looking to buy a new boomerang, how can I throw the old one out? Anonymous-http://coolfunnyquotes.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment