Sunday 25 May 2014

Another new week, more craft plans

I am always trying to find different crafts (for all age groups), recipes for many tastes, ideas and planning to  bring to everybody each week.  The difficult part is I am not sure who likes what so I want to include a little of everything so as to cater to all hobbies / interests / likes.  Then when I find something my computer plays up and I lose what I am working on - FRUSTRATION plus!

Every Saturday morning (when home or in the car) I love to listen to gardening Australia on 891 AM / digital.  Ashley Walsh and John Lamb talk all things gardening and have great guests & talk back on plant care.  There is also an area on the ABC web site where John gives out information for what should be happening in your garden  each month.  Which is great for ALL gardeners.  Rose Squire is the resident carpenter giving wonderful ideas of how & what to do to maintain our home and then the final 30 minutes is dedicated to the best QUIZ in town.

I highly recommend listening to all three programs.  Somehow I do not get time on Sunday but Ashley talks with Malcolm Campbell, another wonderful gardener.  Also several other talented people, I think once a month there is someone talking computers and other hobbies many of us enjoy. 

This week I completed one jacket for the newest grand daughter and have nearly finished a second.  Then I will commence my crocheting of jackets/jumpers for the other 3 beautiful little girls and will buy my grand sons something warm to wear instead as I do not enjoy knitting, especially as the boys get bigger.  I am also eager to make myself something,  I want to get out the beads and make some bracelets and earrings, and lastly I want to get stuck in to card creations, especially Christmas, but have some wonderful designs for 3D cards and pictures.

This is the little jacket I have just completed

Also this week I used the slow cooker to cook beef cheeks for the first time and it really was tender and wonderful to eat.  Luckily I made enough to freeze meals for another 2 nights in the not too distant future.


I hope you enjoy what I have found for this week, in the recipes I have gone with Quesadillas,  craft has two options, How to Start Crocheting with Wire and Minion fingerless Gloves.  For the children I did have some beauties, but when the computer played up this morning I lost both ideas so have found BFF Puzzle Necklace as ALL my grandchildren (boys and girls) love making jewellery.

Recipe of the Week

How to Make Crispy, Cheesy Quesadillas on the Stove Top:

How to Make Crispy, Cheesy Quesadillas on the Stove Top These can be a great easy meal for lunch or dinner and can be great for using up leftovers or if you have plain eating children.


Minion Fingerless Gloves    &  How to Start Crocheting with Wire 

The gloves can be made in team colours and can be adorned in many different ways.
Minion Fingerless Gloves

Minion Fingerless Gloves 















Children's Crafts

BFF Puzzle Necklace

This is a great one for the children as both boys and 
girls can make these for their friends.
BFF Puzzle Necklace









Quote of the Week


People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.


                  






Elisabeth Kubler-Ross  


I hope this keeps everyone busy for the week.  IF there is anything in particular you would like me to cover then please let me know.  Have a great week everyone - Jill                               

No comments:

Post a Comment