Friday 20 December 2013

Last few days of Preparation.

Life is becoming extremely busy, with catching up with friends for Christmas, final shopping and food preparation for Christmas.  I need to achieve quite a deal of cooking for Christmas Day and make sweets to bag as gifts for a few men in the family.  Add to this that normal life needs to go on as usual and WOW ! why do we do this year after year.  After promising ourselves never to do it again, we front up again the next year promising ourselves we will be better organised and won't do as much or go to quite as much trouble, AND there we are again!!

I LOVE Christmas!  I love the excitement, the food, the family time, the so called good will towards out fellow man (Generally) the so called 'peace on earth, good will to men'.
My dislike is everyone saying Christmas is for children and only giving children gifts.  No wonder the young ones today expect everything to be given to them as though it is their right.  We need to educate our young to give as well as receive.  It needn't be much, but they need to learn to give.  I give to ALL family members, some may only receive a small block of chocolate or a small talc, but the thought is there and children see everyone receive.  Not only that I ENJOY giving.

I do make many of my gifts and I work towards it all year.  I am not sure whether it works out cheaper or not, but I enjoy the planning and the making.  I also make ALL cards, including Christmas cards.
 cross stitched card

With this draining heat I felt we needed a salad for dinner tonight.  Have found this "Best Chicken Salad Ever".  it says to use 4 chicken leg quarters, but I am sure you could grab a BBQ chicken today and shred meat from it to use in the salad.  I hope you enjoy it all.

Best Chicken Salad Ever

Ingredients
  • chicken leg quarters, boiled or roasted, meat removed and cut into chunks
  • 1 can (8-ounce) pineapple chunks, drained
  • 1 cup frozen peas, parboiled and chilled
  • 1/2 to 1 cup chopped walnuts
  •  mayonnaise, to taste
  •  salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions
  1. Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl with enough mayonnaise to make it moist.
     
  2. Grind in some black pepper and add salt to taste.
Read more at http://www.recipelion.com/Deli-Salads/Best-Chicken-Salad-Ever#RU8ErgM1h7rJz4zd.99

I hope this feeds the family without heating the house.  Blessings all.

No comments:

Post a Comment