Monday 16 June 2014

Today I had the pleasure of attending grand daughter No 2's 3rd birthday party.  It was so delightful with all the little 2 and 3 year olds and watching them interact socially.  Everything was low-key to last year and nearly all of the mothers have just had another baby within the last 2 months so there was no shortage if you felt like a cuddle.  A lovely morning was had by everyone, and all grandparents were there to dote, cuddle and help out.
This morning has put me behind with this weeks news but I thought you would understand.  also tomorrow morning (Monday) I am going with them to swimming, I can look after baby whilst Mum can focus on the swimmer. Then in the afternoon we are having the NBN put in our home, to be connected over the next few days, so a busy couple of days ahead.
Well, it is Monday afternoon, awaiting the arrival of the Installer of the NBN and still way behind with all I want to share with you this week. As soon as I started to type last night I fell asleep at the computer and apparently I fell asleep while I was looking after my youngest grand daughter and watching her sister at swimming this morning.
Yesterday I was shown arm knitting on YouTube. It was really interesting.  I haven't had time to investigate more but next week I will have the web site for it and hopefully some more equally strange crafts and hobbies.  So, there may be some interesting times ahead.

Craft of the Week

Decoupaged Seed Packet Clay Pots     By: 

It is the perfect time to decorate your garden with flower pot crafts. Use discarded seed packets to create decorative additions for your porch or backyard. Decoupaged Seed Packet Clay Pots are easy to make and will help you cut down your trash haul.


Would make a great Christmas present, wither with seeds or flowering.  And would be a special gift for teachers.


Recipe of the Week

Twice Baked Cheesy Potatoes

Twice Baked Cheesy Potatoes RecipeI made enough of this for the two of us on Friday night and it was delicious.  Mum loved it.  I have placed the web site here for you because I think it only fair that you locate the recipe there.  Worth the effort and the kids will love you. I also fried a little bacon to go in with it and a little fried mushroom and also added a little chopped onion.  Delicious. 




Beginner Rainbow Loom Patterns

Children's Activities

How many of the children (mainly girls)  are into the rainbow loom trying to make their own bracelets etc's  and also giving so many away.  Well here are several tutorials for you and your girls about the basics and other patterns.  I shall be having a good look and I  hope you enjoy the site.


Quote of the Week

There are so many quotes out there, some definitely not appropriate for this page, but I needed something amusing and found this one.  I hope it keeps you smiling for a few days.
 funny images with quotes

Well, the NBN people have arrived and I need to get on with some mundane domestic chores, so I shall say farewell for a few days.  Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment