Wednesday 19 June 2013

Mid Week Boost to Your Energy

It is that dreaded mid week slump again.  For some reason we find the middle of the week a milestone to get through.  I have never understood why this is so.  Any comments to this would be helpful.  I know that I sometimes count the days, 2 gone 3 to go kind of thing but I don't feel it has ever had a negative/positive effect on me.  Anyway, I am obviously quite alone on thinking this way as everyone I know talks about Wednesday as it is a dirty word.

So each week I try to find something positive to do or say to help along my positive thought of the week at the beginning of each week.  Sometimes this can be quite a challenge.  Not the positive thoughts, they are abundant as so many people have written books of them and the world wide web  has countless pages of positive thoughts if you google "positive thoughts".  However, I am mobility challenged, and I do not want to place an activity to make you feel happier etc if I am not trying it myself, that would be so hypocritical.  So I am only suggesting activities that I might be able to try.  Hence, my dilemma as this list will be relatively short, so we may repeat occasionally.

With all that said, this week it is an easy easy one.  This one I do most of the time, often to the frustration of others.  It is the one that has helped me to survive the last 25 years.  My poor Mum can't follow this one at all.
It is: Show your teeth. Humour has power to put a spring in your step & more light in your eyes. Find the funny side to situations.

Remember, for every negative there is a positive, a learning experience, something to come out of a bad situation.  Learn from it, laugh about it and MOVE ON.  As someone I know used to say:'Build a bridge over it'.

Try it and have a great rest of the week.  Talk soon.

Lucas Neill and the Socceroos are making me feel very happy today with their great win over Iraq last night.  Well done.

Pelicans make me smile.  They always look to have a smile on their faces, as though they are all sharing a private joke.





No comments:

Post a Comment