Sunday 1 December 2013

Three weeks + days to go


December is here!  There is no-where to hide from Christmas now is there?

Wow, last week I said how my Mother and I were all organised for Christmas Day, and lo and behold our plans have changed and changed again all in the last 48 hours.  We are back to our original plans.  The one certain thing is that after breakfast at my daughters Mum and I will be home for the remainder of the day.  I shall cook a hot lunch for us and have a couple of salads ready for dinner.  Naturally we will have cold meat left over from lunch for dinner and the week beyond me thinks.  I am still not sure about my sister (who is working on the day) and her son and his girlfriend.
So thus far, my menu for lunch is:
            Roast Turkey
            Pickled Pork
            Ham
            Assorted Roasted vegetables, probably from potato, parsnip, pumpkin,         carrot, onion
            Steamed Broccoli, peas, ?carrot
            Gravy, condiments

Dessert is not chosen as yet, Mum loves Christmas pudding and trifle.  I guess we could have one for lunch and one for dinner.
Dinner will be cold meat from above, and a tossed salad and a potato salad with condiments.
We will probably have a wine with both.

Besides the above I am probably going to make a boiled fruit cake as a Christmas Cake and leave it un-iced (even though I love the icing, it isn't good for me.  Also, would like to make some biscotti and fudge, to be used at home and for gifts.  When I do, I will place the recipes here.

My past week has been quite miserable with health problems, but I bounced back well and then for 2 days running had wonderful visits from ALL my beautiful grandchildren.  Friday saw my beautiful pregnant daughter and a totally delightful No 2 Grand-daughter who was at her best, a  total joy.  Then on Saturday my son brought down the other four grandchildren.  When it was arranged that they would visit I quickly made a chocolate cake and organised an outside visit as it was a wonderful day weather wise. They were awesome, the 2 year old is so game, fall over, bounces back up, brushes herself off and keeps going.  Both were great visits and lifted both Mums and my spirits.
What have I got for you this week in our count down to Christmas?  It is getting difficult, as I am trying to fit items in that will fit into the time available.  There are already recipes being posted for using leftovers, which I will place soon on the Christmas Planning page. In craft, there is still time to make a few gifts and there is still time for the children to make decorations.  However, time is becoming an issue as the date nears and our time becomes busier.

Christmas Planning:
I have gone to jewellery making for Christmas gifts this week as this can be quite quick and easy and everyone loves to receive a piece of jewellery for a gift.  I have made many pairs of earrings in the last couple of weeks and have also made many bracelets.  My biggest problem now is deciding who gets what?
Stocking Stuffer Earrings
                                                      Stamped Metal Let it Snow Necklace
                                                                          Cute Christmas Tree Earrings

Craft of the Week:
I am taking you to a site that is Free and has many Christmas Crafts for everyone.  I could have picked one out and highlighted it for you, but there are so many I thought it would be more prudent to give everyone a choice.
It includes such crafts as:
Tiny Tea Set Ornaments        The 2012 Ultimate Gift Guide 180 Homemade Christmas Gifts and Ideas 
Tiny Tea set ornaments  & shopping bags
Children's Crafts:

There are so many Christmas crafts for children and I am sot sure where to start and I need to cover as many age groups as possible.  Keep an eye on the Children's page as I will add more. as I find them.

Candy Cane Christmas Mice
Candy Cane Christmas Mice
Recipe of the Week:  (I do not have a picture, maybe someone could send me a picture of these cookies or I will when I make a batch)

Christmas Angel Cookies

If you're looking for a heavenly Christmas cookie recipe, you've just got to try these Christmas Angel Cookies! They are easy to make, easy to bake, and are simply a taste of heaven.

Keep an eye on this page as I shall be posting many recipes for Christmas and many recipes using LEFTOVERS.  We usually have plenty of those after December 25!

Quote of the Week:
Christmas is not a time or a season but a state of mind.  To cherish peace and good will, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.

Calvin Coolidge





  • No comments:

    Post a Comment