Sunday 3 November 2013

SEVEN Weeks + a few days.


With our countdown it is SEVEN (7) weeks and counting.  Life is getting busier and money disappearing FAST.  Not only that but there are two grandchildren having birthdays in the next fortnight.  I know what I should buy them but it differs as to what I want to buy them.  One is going to be 5 and off to school next year and his sister will be 2. 


Yesterday I had visits with all 5 grandchildren and it was a great day.  They all seem to take turns as to how loving with Grandma they will be that week, except for Grandson No 1, he is always the same.  Never strays too far away from me and is always ready to hug and cuddle.  I love every minute of it and know I can rely on him for my weekly dose of affection.  However, yesterday they were all loving and gorgeous, each in their own little way with Grandma.  I had a lovely Chicken and Corn soup at my daughters for lunch and it is a kid friendly meal.   The website for this meal is: http://www.kidspot.com.au/best-recipes/Chicken+24/Chinese-chicken-and-sweet-corn-soup-recipe+2515.htm  It was delicious and I shall be trying it for Mum and myself soon 

I have finished cross stitching all the tea towels I need for gifts plus extras.  I just need to iron a backing onto the back of the stitching.  I will post a couple of pictures next week. Not sure what to start next, possibly jewellery as I haven't made any for ages and am still buying beads, so need to use a few.  I have bought charms that would be ideal for the boys with a leather strap to hang around their necks.  I always like to make something for the females so I am sure I will become inspired as the days wear on.

This week I have quite an assortment for everyone and I hope you enjoy the selection.

Christmas Planning: I have included pictures of the different types of cards I make and the different variations of verse I include.

Recipe of the Week:  This week it is a quite simple GOULASH using mince (your choice) and pasta.  It is a One Pan Dinner which is always terrific with everyone being so time poor these days.


Craft of the Week:   wrapbracelet0Colourful DIY Wrap Bracelets
This is a relatively easy craft and reasonably cost effective if you are new to jewellery making and you do not have much in the way of craft material and tools at this stage.  The web site gives a good description of how to complete this craft.

Children's Crafts:  

Christmas Kids Craft: Model Magic Gingerbread Wreath

 Not real gingerbread but made with moulding clay.  It is suitable for ANY age child / teen.  Decorative and fun.

Weekly Quote:

Sailing_ship : blue sailing boat stylized on a white background Stock Photo Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbour  catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore, Dream, Discover. Mark Twain    


I hope everyone has a productive & healthy week and remember Mark Twain so that you will not be disappointed in the years to come.  Blessings, Jill



No comments:

Post a Comment