Wednesday 15 May 2013

I have been negligent to all of you as I said that I would place my gluten free recipe and pictures of the scones here for you all to see and read.  Guess what I forgot to do - TAKE A PHOTO.  They turned out well though and my darling son in law took home the remainder.  However, I can still give a recipe for the scones.  The other great thing was that I used our small toaster oven that was bought a few weeks ago.  Great asset to the kitchen.
This recipe can be used with general SR flour or Gluten free SR flour.
It is out of one of my text books form year 8, so is quite old & still in imperial.


Ingredients:


10 1/2 oz SR Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder (remember to look for gluten free baking powder if needed)
pinch salt
1 oz butter /margarine (I use butter)
1 cup milk


Method:


Set oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
Sift dry ingredients into bowl
Place butter and 2 tablespoons of milk in small saucepan or microwave bowl and heat till butter melted.
Remove from heat and add remainder of milk
Add to dry ingredients
Mix together  (This is quite a moist mixture, do not panic, it works.)
Turn out onto a floured board
Sprinkle small amount of flour on top, push dough down on board until it is all together and at a thickness you like - really needs to be about 3/4 high.
Flour cutter, press into dough, DO NOT TWIST.
Place scones onto a floured oven tray (I line my tray with baking paper)
Paint top of scones with a small amount milk
Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.  They should be lightly brown on top and feel hollow when bottom is tapped.
Place in clean tea towel and keep warm.
Enjoy with butter or jam and cream.


It is quite an easy recipe and will certainly bring much praise when cooked for people who aren't watching their diet.

(This is not a picture of my scones, however, it is similar.)

No comments:

Post a Comment