Saturday 22 June 2013

Winter Solstice.



What perfect weather for the winter solstice.  Cold, wet and dark.

I have finished the mittens for two more grandchildren, both the same size and quite quick to make.  Will take them over later this morning.  Not indigo as the 6 year old requested but it is a navy so I hope that it is close enough.  I need more navy to make her a hat to wear to school.  I find it much easier to crochet hats for the girls.  Will Make my youngest grandchild's mittens this afternoon.  

Cardboard Hot PadWe are having my great niece (7 years old) on the first Monday of the holidays and I will arrange for No 1 (6 yr old) grand daughter to come too.  These two girls get along wonderfully and are very supportive to each other. 

Today I found a great craft that they can make using strips of cardboard.  It is called a Cardboard Hot Pad so it can be useful as well as recyclable.  I have added the site here for anyone to use and thank these very talented people, as although I love and "do" much craft, I am not always imaginative, so I need all these people to bring these ideas to you.
http://www.favecrafts.com/Kitchen-Decor/Cardboard-Hot-Pad      
by Jenya of MyEvaForeva

See also Craft Patterns from Outside column too as I have added a styrofoam pattern this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment