Monday 10 June 2013

Queens' Birthday Weekend.

Congratulations to all the recipients of the Queens Birthday Honours.  Well deserved.  

I have just been looking at different affirmations for the week, and it left me reflecting on the fact that although my friends and I are getting older, we also seem to be getting busier, because many are working full time in readiness of retirement, spending time with grandchildren and assisting children, and looking after aging parents.  It is getting harder and harder to catch up with friends, you really have to make special time.  So, I am going to quote a verse from Edgar A Guest for this week and place a picture of one of my grandchildren who stayed over the weekend.

'Take time for friendship when you can,
The hours fly swiftly and the need
That presses on your fellow man
May fade away at equal speed,
And you may sigh before the end
That you have failed to play the friend.'

Have a good week everyone and lets look after each other and spend time with each other when we can.  
Note: the GREEN TEA section is well underway and hopefully posted in  the next couple of days...keep watching!


No comments:

Post a Comment